Almond Milk- Vegan, Diabetes Friendly
Before i dive into the recipe let me elaborate the concept of being vegan, vegan is a lifestyle in which the person does not consume any product or by-product gained from animals that includes milk and eggs.
Veganism is gaining popularity since it is very very good for us, it has been scientifically proven that being vegan helps you live longer. We have all come across the news that the milk we consume is chemically treated or spiked, i feel very concerned about the quality of milk we consume.
Almond Milk is a good replacement for traditional milk plus it is diabetes-friendly. It is really easy to make and takes less then 15 minutes to prepare.
- 1/2 cup Almonds- Soaked overnight for 6 hours minimum
- 200ml water
- Take the soaked almonds and blend them (without peeling) with 50ml water and grind to a smooth paste. [ Use the pulse method to grind the almonds since they can be pretty hard for normal grinders/mixers to work upon]
- Pour in the remaining water.You can adjust the desired thickness by using less or more water. Blend again thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture through a muslin cloth/strainer to get smooth almond milk.
Yield- 300 ml milk
- This milk can be had cold or hot and used for hot porridge or desserts to replace milk.
- It can be stored in the fridge up to 3 days . Shake well before using.
- Remove the almond pulp as it can be added muesli, sauces or curries.
- to sweeten, you can ass pitted dates while blending.
This amazing recipe was taught in a free masterclass by Kim Cooking Class, every alternate month she will be conducting a free masterclass to help the society. To register just comment below your name and phone number.
Also comment below any of your queries or reviews. I would be answering them all.