How to make Coconut Milk at Home in Easy Steps
Coconut Milk is a option to replace cow milk and is a vegan diabetes-friendly option.
The health benefits of consuming coconut milk are widely ranging from Controlling Diabetes, Weight-loss to improving digestion and Heart Health. The ease with which it can be prepared makes it even better.
- 1 Cup Mature (Brown)Coconut – Freshly grated and Tightly packed *Make sure the coconut is not the green one which is used for drinking
- 200ml Hot water [not boiling]
- 100ml Normal temperature water for thin Milk
- In a bowl add grated coconut and pour the same quantity of hot water over it. Allow it to sit for 10 mins.
- Once lukewarm, blend thoroughly in a mixer(using pulse method) by adding half water. Then add remaining water and blend again.
- Sieve this through a muslin Cloth or a strainer and put aside the fiber left. This step will yield thick milk.
- if you want think milk, add the remaining normal temperature water.
- Optional step- You could also do a second extraction by blending the discarded fiber again with 100 ml warm water and it would yield thin milk.
- The left over fiber can be used in muesli, or cereals.
- Shelf life is of 2 days only.
- This milk can be used in desserts, soups, curries and smoothies
Recipe Courtesy- Kim Cooking classes by Shanu Sharma
She is conducting monthly classes as a social service to the people of Ludhiana helping them fight issues like diabetes and cholesterol and so much more. The classes are free of cost and to register just DM her or Comment below your name and phone number.
For any queries or feedback make sure you comment below !!!!!